Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Look Whoo's One - Iron On Vinyl



Happy Wednesday Crafters!

Today's project was created to coordinate with some party decor that I created recently.

I was very excited and honestly a little nervouse to try this Iron on Vinyl.
Come to find out there was nothing to be nervous about. 
This Vinyl was so easy to cut and apply.

Here are my Cricut Cuts:
Create A Critter: Owl is Button 2, cut at 4.75
MS Birthday Cakes: Font Feature all of the letters were cut at 1.0.
I used the Font Shadow Feature for the #1, cut at 5.5.
This was cut twice...once in the lavendar as a whole piece, and the second cut was the Dark Purple with the Birthday Girl's name cut from it. 
This was then overlaped so the light purple would show through.

I designed everything on my Gypsy so I could weld my letters together and overlap letters in the #1.
It is very importatnt to remember to flip your letters vertically so when you go to iron on the vinyl they flip and read correctly...you can find the flip feature of the Gypsy on the Advanced tab.

I bought the Vinyl online from http://www.expressionsvinyl.com/ 
 They also have a great video tutorial that I followed.

I am super happy with how this turned out...it was really easy and worked perfect the first time around.  This is a fun and easy way to personalize fabric.

If you are new to my blog and would like to see all of the coordinating Party Decor that matches this onsie please go Here.

I was hoping to get a picture of the Birthday Girl in her onsie, but she wasn't feeling well and her Mommy didn't get very many pictures.  All of the pictures were of Ryan clinging to Mommy.

This project is being Linked Here for Link Up Tuesday with Pink Cricut.
Don't forget to Link your projects.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jenny R


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! I used the same brand of iron on vinyl last week for my daughters party. I hope to have some pics on my blog later today or tomorrow.

    Candace
    mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment...I love to read each and every comment!