Sunday, March 25, 2012

Erica's Craft Room Challenge - March 20-27th Card Challenge

Erica's Craft Room Challenge
March 20 - 27th Card Challenge

My goal this month was to do a few challenges along with my regular My Cricut Craft Room Design Team Posts.  This is the third challenge I have entered this month so I am fulfilling my goal so far. Yay!  If you didn't know Erica at My Cricut Craft Room has started a Challenge blog. 

Every week there is a Card Challenge and every other week is a Scrapbook Challenge. 
These challenges include a Sketch and a Color Combo to use with the sketch.
Go Here to join in the fun.
Above is this weeks sketch to win a $25 store credit to Erica's Webstore.  
She has a ton of craft items (including Cricut Cartridges) at great prices!
Here is the link to Erica's Webstore if you want to start your wish list. :)

Here is my take on the Sketch:


The colors we were supposed to use for the challenge are Pastel Yellow, Pastel Green, and a Color of my choice.  Of course I chose Pink...I am not so into pastels so I chose a mix of pastels with some brighter colors.  Cricut Cartridges used to create this card: Art Philosophy and Just Because Cards.

Cricut Cuts using my Gypsy:
Art Philosophy: All cuts for the Egg were from Page 57
Cut at 5.5 using the following Feature buttons:
Card Feature
Layer Feature
Decorative Feature

Just Because Cards: All cuts for the Bunny were from Page 59
Cut at 6.29 using the following Feature Buttons:
Layer 1 (Bunny)
<Shift> Layer 1 (Bunny Foot)
Layer 2 (Inside Bunny Ears)
<Shift> Layer 2 (Bunny Nose)

To give my Bunny some added texture I used Recollections Flocking Powder (White).
To do this I just layered the Bunny with a Zig 2 way glue pen and then poured the powder on top.
This works well, but next time I am going to try using my Xyron (need refills first) :)

I also made a mistake by flipping the Bunny on my Gypsy and not flipping the foot and the inside of the ears.  In my head they were supposed to be the Pink Poka Dot, but luckily I cut those items on Double sided paper and instead of re cutting those little pieces I went with the striped paper. Some times you just gotta go with the flow. :)  I like how it turned out. 

Inside of the card
There were no wated cuts on this card.  I used the negative cuts from the Decorative Layer on the front of the card and the inside of the green egg on the inside. I don't have any Easter Stamps so I made my own Sentiment using Microsoft Word.  I like to do this a lot when I journal on my Scrapbook Layouts.


Supplies:
Cricut Cartridges: Art Philosophy & Just Because Cards
Paper: DCWV Lemon Flower Stack
Echo Park Paper Co - Jody's Stripe
Recollections: Flocking Powder - White & Adhesive Rhinestones - Pink
Pens: Zig Memory System - Pure Pink, Sakura Gelly Roll - White
Adhesive: Zig 2 Way Glue Pen & therm o web 3d Foam Squares

So there you have it...I hope you decide to Join in the Fun with this Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jenny R
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Jenny...that is a darling card! I do a lot of Word journaling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stinkin' CUTE! Love the color combo, my fave!
    ClaireR, DT sista
    My Cricut Craftroom DTM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the card!! Love the colors.
    TFS
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.
    DT My Cricut Craft Room
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Great card! Thanks for sharing! I am loving polka dots this year!!

    Vickie M dt sis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment...I love to read each and every comment!